Thursday 13 March 2008

Election

Ch. 16, What do you think of Wright's action during the election?

This sort of goes back to what we were talking about in class one day- about whether Wright was 'good' or 'bad' and I said neither because he was human. So this isn't as deep and profound as that, but I think what he did made sense. He may have participated bribery and a corrupt election, but as he said- he needed the money. Even if he hadn't done anything for it, someone else would have. One person can't change anything; only groups can (though one perrson can incite a group to movement). After he did all that, then he wrote I Protest This Fraud on his ballot. What do I think of that? I think that all votes should be honest, even if they don't count individually, and if that was how he felt, that was a good thing to do. (Also, my dad did something like that once: he disliked both candidates so he put 'the corpse of Benjamin Franklin') Wright wrote something else about how he knew that the politicians would know that at least one person knew what was going on and that made him feel better. I understand that feeling.

No comments: